Doctors Tell Lions RB Jahvid Best He’s Not Ready To Return -
A full year after his last concussion, Jahvid Best has been told it’s still not safe for him to return to the field.
General Manager Martin Mayhew released a statement saying that medical experts had told Best and the Lions that it is still not safe for him to play.
“After today’s consultation with medical experts, including representatives from our medical and training staffs, it has been determined that Jahvid will not be permitted to return to play at this time,” Mayhew said. “Throughout this entire process we always have placed the highest priority on what is best for Jahvid from a health and safety standpoint.
While today’s decision is disappointing from a football perspective, we fully and entirely respect and support this recommendation. Jahvid will continue to work with our medical and training staffs with the hope that he ultimately will be cleared to return to the playing field.”
Although the statement expresses some optimism that Best will play again some day, at this point it has to be considered an uphill battle for Best ever to play football again. The 23-year-old Best, who suffered a very serious concussion in college and suffered two concussions last season, may have played his last football game.
- sportshunters reblogged this from kickoffcoverage
- sportzmania reblogged this from kickoffcoverage
- sportzmania likes this
- sportshunters likes this
- localevanruinseverything likes this
- kenyansensation reblogged this from kickoffcoverage
- nldn40 reblogged this from kickoffcoverage
- p3rfect-champs reblogged this from kickoffcoverage
- randolphin3178 likes this
- playerinsiders likes this
- kickoffcoverage posted this