- REDSKINS T TRENT WILLIAMS TASERED IN NIGHTCLUB FIGHT, BUT STILL WOULDN’T GO DOWN -
ESPN’s NFL insider Adam Schefter reports that Washington Redskins offensive tackle Trent Williams, who will miss Sunday’s Pro Bowl after being hurt in a brawl at a Honolulu nightclub, was Tasered in the back and cracked over the head with a champagne bottle during the melee yet still did not fall to the ground, sources say.
"It was like he was Jason on ‘Friday the 13th’ — man just wouldn’t go down," one source said of the 6-foot-5, 318-pound Williams, who required seven stitches after the early Friday incident.
Williams, taken to a Hawaii hospital, was given a concussion test that he passed and another concussion test that he also passed after he arrived back at the Pro Bowl players’ hotel.
But with Williams Tasered and stitched, the NFL decided the best course of action was not to play him in Sunday night’s game.
Two other men were hurt in the fight and one other was sent to the hospital. One man was arrested and five others are being investigated for assault, but not Williams, police said.
The league said the third-year pro will be on the sideline for the Pro Bowl game Sunday and won’t lose his status as a member of the NFC team.
Officials say he’ll be paid a full Pro Bowl share.
- betakaritene reblogged this from kickoffcoverage
- kingswearpurple reblogged this from kickoffcoverage
- kevinkap likes this
- whatinthephil reblogged this from kickoffcoverage
- kirk-is-kool reblogged this from kickoffcoverage and added:
- thaunderground reblogged this from kickoffcoverage
- withmytimbson likes this
- kickoffcoverage posted this