- REPORT: REED, TEXANS NOT CLOSE TO REACHING DEAL -
NFL Network’s Albert Breer reports that Ravens free agent safety Ed Reed doesn’t have any visits lined up and plans to be patient when it comes to picking a team, whether it’s a new team or returning to the Ravens, for the 2013 NFL season.
According to Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun, the Texans are still in talks with Reed’s representatives but they are not close to signing a deal. Per Wilson, the Texans offer was around $5 million a year, but Reed is looking for a contract that will pay him $6-$7 million a year.
Dale Robertson of the Houston Chronicle wonders whether Reed is worth the money at 34.
"What he can most significantly bring to the Texans is a champion’s mindset (i.e., swagger) — but only if he still wants to dig deeply enough to be a difference-maker on the field for Houston," writes Robertson. "This guy is a Raven to the core. Does his oeuvre translate when he puts on a Texans uniform? Nobody — him included — can say for certain until he’s back on the field, playing for Houston, not Baltimore."
So for now we will sit back and wait to see if either side will give in or see if another team or the Ravens will step up and give Reed what he’s hoping for. (Photo: USA TODAY Sports)
- nflandnbaswag likes this
- garrethahn likes this
- chris2smoove reblogged this from kickoffcoverage
- biggdrexx86xx reblogged this from kickoffcoverage
- biggdrexx86xx likes this
- kylec723 reblogged this from kickoffcoverage
- seahawksgjc likes this
- thedarkwinglineman reblogged this from kickoffcoverage
- knightriderradio reblogged this from kickoffcoverage
- alecanderthegreat reblogged this from philosophyfromtheidiot
- ravensnation96 reblogged this from kickoffcoverage
- ravensnation96 likes this
- philosophyfromtheidiot reblogged this from kickoffcoverage
- kickoffcoverage posted this