ROMAN HARPER SIGNS EXTENSION WITH SAINTS -
After the New Orleans Saints drafted safety Kenny Vaccaro in the first round of the 2013 NFL Draft, the speculation started about veteran safety Roman Harper. Could he be released? Could he be forced to take a pay cut?
We officially know the answer to that question. NFL.com’s Ian Rapoport is reporting that Harper and the Saints have agreed on a contract extension that guarantees him $4 million in 2013. He was originally scheduled to make over $5 million this year. This assures us that he will not be cut this season and will remain with the team.
According to the report, the Saints have added 1 year to Harper’s contract. His future with the team after the next 2 seasons will again be in question with Vaccaro around, as well as Malcolm Jenkins, who’s contract is also up soon.
The Saints not only made this move to keep depth and a quality starter in their secondary, but the move also provides cap relief to potentially sign more free agents. (Photo via BlitzAndGlam.com)
- alanmckinnon reblogged this from kickoffcoverage
- killersinc504 likes this
- jermainegallow34 reblogged this from kickoffcoverage
- jermainegallow34 likes this
- carlosmcruz reblogged this from kickoffcoverage
- boat-rich reblogged this from kickoffcoverage
- nathol99 likes this
- ricardo-vite reblogged this from kickoffcoverage
- bored-for-days likes this
- sir-tooley reblogged this from kickoffcoverage
- kingkongfue likes this
- kickoffcoverage posted this