49ERS SIGN FORMER COLTS WR AUSTIN COLLIE - Former Indianapolis Colts wide receiver Austin Collie is getting another shot in the NFL that he hopes is concussion free.
According to ESPN’s NFL Insider Adam Schefter, the San Francisco 49ers signed Collie after he had his second workout with the team on Friday afternoon.
The 27-year-old Collie has suffered three serious concussions since he came into the league 2009. Most teams viewed him as a liability because of the head injuries. But in June Collie told USA Today that he wanted to play again and was willing to sign a waiver.
In 2012 Collie didn’t suffered from any concussion issues, but he only played in one game with the Colts after he ruptured his right patellar tendon in Week 3.
With Michael Crabtree out indefinitely after tearing his right Achilles last month, and newly signed Brandon Carswell tearing his ACL in his first practice with the team days after that, the 49ers were in dire need of help at the wideout position.
In four NFL seasons, Collie has 173 catches for 1,845 yards and 16 touchdowns. And has been cleared by several neurologist to return to the league. (Photo: Associated Press)
Submitted by Keith Clay
- biggdrexx86xx reblogged this from kickoffcoverage
- biggdrexx86xx likes this
- desai8 likes this
- ayyyyy-this-guy reblogged this from kickoffcoverage
- ayyyyy-this-guy likes this
- kae-9er-nicking reblogged this from kickoffcoverage
- jhislop22 likes this
- schillythebigbeaut likes this
- boyhix likes this
- itajin likes this
- marcus-d-rose likes this
- cee7ow likes this
- whatinthephil reblogged this from kickoffcoverage
- the49erempire reblogged this from iheart49ersfootball
- iheart49ersfootball reblogged this from kickoffcoverage and added:
- kickoffcoverage posted this