EX-NFL PLAYER’S NEW YORK HOME TRASHED BY PARTYING TEENS - Former NFL offensive lineman Brian Holloway initially thought the Twitter photos showing young people partying at his family’s second home in upstate New York were a hoax. Then he saw pictures of teenagers standing on the dining room table he bought with his Super Bowl bonus.
Holloway’s rural vacation home was trashed during a Labor Day weekend party attended by up to 400 teenagers. Holloway said the partiers caused at least $20,000 in damage, breaking windows and doors, punching holes in walls and spraying graffiti. He saw the whole thing unfold live on Twitter — and now he’s using the teens’ own posts to reveal their identities and to try to set them on a better path.
Holloway, who played offensive tackle for the New England Patriots and Los Angeles Raiders in the 1980s, said his 19-year-old son, a University of Southern Florida sophomore, alerted him to the party after receiving tweets about it the night of Aug. 31.
Holloway was at his home in Lutz, Fla., at the time and watched as more tweets about the party were posted, many of them accompanied by photos of young people drinking throughout his home in Stephentown, on the Massachusetts border 25 miles southeast of Albany.
Before he could call police, more tweets reported that officers had arrived, Holloway said. The partygoers scattered across his 200-acre property, which includes the main house and a guest house set amid rolling countryside in the foothills of the Berkshire Mountains.
Yvonne Keefe, spokeswoman for the Rensselaer County Sheriff’s Office, confirmed Wednesday that a “very large investigation” into the party was underway. Police believe 200 to 400 young people were at the party, but investigators aren’t commenting on the role social media is playing in the probe, she said.
No arrests have been reported.
Word of the party had spread via social media, and it attracted students at high schools from the Albany area and western Massachusetts, Holloway said. Holloway, who’s now a motivational speaker, said he gave anti-drug and alcohol talks at some of those same schools during his playing days, which included an appearance in Super Bowl XX, when the Patriots lost to the Chicago Bears.
Holloway said the partiers broke about 10 windows and glass doors, punched dozens of holes in the walls, dragged kegs of beer across oak floors and left behind an “enormous amount” of graffiti. His $20,000 damage estimate does not include personal items that were stolen.
Several teens who weren’t at the party but heard about it showed up this week and helped remove urine-soaked carpets and 10 large trash bags filled with liquor bottles, Holloway said, adding that drug paraphernalia also was found scattered about his property.
Holloway, a father of eight, said he used Twitter postings to compile 200 names of teens he said were at the party. He has been posting them on a website — helpmesave300 — in an effort to get them to come forward, take responsibility for their actions and change their behavior.
He said he is inviting “the 300” to show up and help clean the place up for a celebration picnic he is hosting this weekend for military personnel. (Photo: Associated Press)
- harvey91 reblogged this from jrslivesandlearnshere
- 7jeanie11 reblogged this from ambermritchie
- madewithrealgin reblogged this from ambermritchie
- madewithrealgin likes this
- dasumi71 reblogged this from kickoffcoverage
- tellmeaboutyoursoul likes this
- 7jeanie11 likes this
- jrslivesandlearnshere reblogged this from ambermritchie
- firemanrick79 likes this
- ambermritchie reblogged this from kickoffcoverage
- ambermritchie likes this
- insanityiscolorblind reblogged this from kickoffcoverage
- onedyjaa likes this
- one-dark-wing-to-bind-us reblogged this from kickoffcoverage and added:
- danny23aguirre likes this
- what-are-you-up-to likes this
- adamblogssports reblogged this from kickoffcoverage
- football1305 reblogged this from kickoffcoverage
- hautexela likes this
- whatinthephil reblogged this from kickoffcoverage
- theafricanupnorth likes this
- missb-hayv likes this
- alj32001 reblogged this from kickoffcoverage
- bingo-a said: wow, he’s nice. i’d personally ruin their lives.
- dollaroutta15cents likes this
- audiodailydouble likes this
- monmcblr likes this
- mselectricity likes this
- niggahslovemefan likes this
- deadlyvoo likes this
- misterdelfuego reblogged this from ricflairsniece
- misterdelfuego likes this
- sheszslepton reblogged this from kickoffcoverage
- ricflairsniece reblogged this from kickoffcoverage
- diamondant reblogged this from kickoffcoverage
- ordinarileigh likes this
- djs96753 reblogged this from kickoffcoverage
- kickoffcoverage posted this