MAN SENTENCED AFTER STEALING MILLIONS FROM CHARGERS DE DWIGHT FREENEY - A Los Angeles man who stole almost $3 million from San Diego Chargers defensive end Dwight Freeney has been sentenced to five years in federal prison.
Michael Stern also was ordered Thursday to repay Freeney.
Prosecutors say the former Miami Beach developer got access to Freeney’s personal and company bank accounts through his girlfriend, Eva Weinberg, who was Freeney’s financial adviser. Weinberg introduced him to Freeney under an assumed name.
Authorities say Stern used money from the accounts to cover legal bills from a bankruptcy and to pay for jewelry, lavish vacations, private school tuition for his children and other personal expenses.
In January, Stern pleaded guilty to a fraud charge.
Weinberg has pleaded guilty to being an accessory after the fact and awaits sentencing. (Photo: UT San Diego)
- evo714 likes this
- myimaginationoverload likes this
- skigolf likes this
- bellejarmemoirs likes this
- gongzillaa59 reblogged this from kickoffcoverage
- trupowerfitness reblogged this from kickoffcoverage
- rockstarraymond likes this
- donlucci69 reblogged this from kickoffcoverage
- donlucci69 likes this
- artofwill reblogged this from kickoffcoverage and added:
- msmotley likes this
- jgilliland83 reblogged this from kickoffcoverage and added:
- kickoffcoverage posted this