SEAHAWKS DERRICK COLEMAN GETS LETTER FROM LITTLE GIRL WITH HEARING AIDS HE INSPIRED, HE TAKES TIME TO WRITE BACK - Before heading to a team walkthrough Wednesday morning, Seattle Seahawks fullback Derrick Coleman felt the need to write.
So he took a couple of minutes to write to 9-year-old Riley Kovalcik after a letter she wrote to Coleman ended up on his Twitter feed a day earlier.
"This morning I woke up and was like let me write something back. So right before our walkthrough I wrote up a little something," Coleman said via the teams’ official website. "Might see some grammar mistakes in there, but I was trying to put it out right quick and send it back."
Kovalcik, who is hearing impaired, saw her letter get circulated around social media on Tuesday after it was retweeted by Coleman, who is also hearing impaired. The 9-year-old wrote, “Just try your best. I have faif (sic) in you Derrick good Job on January 20th game.”
Kovalick also wrote that she wears two hearing aids just like Coleman and she also has a twin sister that wears one hearing aid.
The letter was sent via Twitter by Riley’s father, Jake. He told the New York Daily News on Wednesday that he posted the letter to show Coleman how much of an inspiration he is for kids. Coleman posted his letter to Twitter on Wednesday so she could see his response.
"He’s been so successful. He’s somebody to look up to and he made her feel like hearing aids are cool," Jake Kovalick told the Daily News.
Coleman said he regularly receives letters, but Riley’s felt special and that’s why he took the time to respond so quickly even as the Seahawks are preparing for next week’s Super Bowl against Denver. Coleman wrote, “I want you to know that I always try my best in everything that I do and faith in you & your twin sister too. Even though we wear hearing aids we can still accomplish our goals & dreams.”
Coleman recently did a commercial for Duracell batteries that has become a YouTube sensation with more than 9 million views.
"It means the world to them," Coleman said of the letter. "It only took a couple of minutes of my time."
- hinata42691 likes this
- rosiaaay reblogged this from kickoffcoverage
- belleandthetardis likes this
- linngonzales97 likes this
- brynntastic likes this
- sslimeprincess likes this
- thefaceofjack likes this
- insyirah88 reblogged this from kickoffcoverage and added:
- insyirah88 likes this
- prerunnerxxx likes this
- polareyez reblogged this from kickoffcoverage
- getupgetstronger reblogged this from kickoffcoverage
- getupgetstronger likes this
- plumrel likes this
- let-me-dreeam likes this
- let-me-dreeam reblogged this from kickoffcoverage
- theshipissailing likes this
- felipevaldez reblogged this from kickoffcoverage
- austyndayneger reblogged this from kickoffcoverage
- marcelo1728 likes this
- bonkers43 likes this
- phillip-isayev likes this
- myownleader likes this
- fetzersam reblogged this from kickoffcoverage and added:
- thatsifyoucanstillgetyouririshon likes this
- fromsunsettosilhouette reblogged this from kickoffcoverage
- scifisnob likes this
- ity-bit reblogged this from nekodeshi
- norcat95 likes this
- stuffedcrustisbetter reblogged this from we-are-all-strangers-here
- oni-with-an-iron-club likes this
- drunksincerity likes this
- dhag24 likes this
- bromptoncocktail-blend reblogged this from kickoffcoverage
- lucidliar likes this
- frostedstrawberry1 reblogged this from kickoffcoverage
- sassy1173 likes this
- fatigable reblogged this from kickoffcoverage
- luisatarly likes this
- nmomo likes this
- whoturnedouthelights reblogged this from obiwanglenobi66
- obiwanglenobi66 reblogged this from kickoffcoverage
- blusteez likes this
- fearlessguster reblogged this from kickoffcoverage
- nolimts reblogged this from kickoffcoverage
- kelsi-bree reblogged this from katelyn-marie89
- trevorfigueroa likes this
- stirfry24 likes this
- supermormonguy likes this