-Seahawks win costs Houston furniture store owner $7 million-
Seattle’s victory in the Super Bowl has cost flamboyant Houston furniture store mogul Jim McIngvale some $7 million.
The owner of one of the nation’s largest independent furniture stores, Gallery Furniture, McIngvale promised customers who spent at least $6,000 in the past two weeks and took delivery before Sunday’s game that he’d refund their purchase cost if Seattle won.
The Seahawks delivered.
McIngvale, known as “Mattress Mack,” said Monday his accountant told him the latest promotion was a “crazy idea” and now the accountant is “pulling his hair out.”
McIngvale says while he didn’t do well financially, he did build on his brand. He says the promotion was not covered by insurance.
McIngvale is known for his wild promotions and for his support of Houston-area charitable and civic causes.
- a3t0n likes this
- andimapc reblogged this from kickoffcoverage
- blackkesha reblogged this from mccauley318 and added:
- mccauley318 reblogged this from kickoffcoverage
- kevthepigeon99 reblogged this from kickoffcoverage
- kevthepigeon99 likes this
- howardstar22 likes this
- the-lighter-side reblogged this from kickoffcoverage
- inthekeyofaflat likes this
- everythingsports247 reblogged this from kickoffcoverage
- airadespr likes this
- dfgilliam reblogged this from kickoffcoverage
- finn-kastien likes this
- kickoffcoverage posted this