BILLS AGREE TO ONE-YEAR DEAL WITH LB BRANDON SPIKES
The Buffalo Bills and linebacker Brandon Spikes have agreed to terms on a one-year deal worth $3.25 million, ESPN’s NFL Insider Adam Schefter reports.
The Bills have a glaring need at middle linebacker, with Kiko Alonso moving to the weak side in Jim Schwartz’s defensive scheme. The Bills hosted linebackers Jameel McClain and Jasper Brinkley on visits last week but both signed elsewhere. The only in-house options would be Ty Powell or Nigel Bradham, underwhelming in both cases.
Spikes has been a strong run-stopping linebacker for the New England Patriots since being drafted in 2010. His best season came in 2012, when he made 14 starts, recording 92 tackles, five forced fumbles, seven passes defensed and one sack.
He played in 16 games last season but his production dipped slightly. The Patriots began to phase out Spikes on passing downs, as he proved to be a liability in coverage. He was placed on injured reserve in January, partly because he was late to practice.
Spikes was hobbled by a knee injury for most of last season and has dealt with injuries for most of his career. (Photo: Otto Greule Jr/Getty Images)
- tabitaambka likes this
- daaajoe8 likes this
- circlethewagonsbuffalo reblogged this from kickoffcoverage
- kevthepigeon99 reblogged this from kickoffcoverage
- theblackness67 reblogged this from kickoffcoverage
- cswoosh likes this
- curling101 reblogged this from kickoffcoverage
- curling101 likes this
- madmanxxl reblogged this from kickoffcoverage
- footballisfun reblogged this from kickoffcoverage
- thegreatjerseysya likes this
- kickoffcoverage posted this